Teen Summer 2017

Search This Blog

Monday, December 7, 2015

Plant Nanny: Cute, Fun Way to Drink More Water

I was scrolling through Instagram the other day and saw an interesting picture on my friend's profile: a simply adorable cartoon plant. I checked the description and found out that it was a screenshot from an app called Plant Nanny.

Something this cute deserves investigation.
Curious,  I downloaded the free app to my phone. I didn't really know what it was about, and I was delighted to find out that it was designed to remind its users to drink more water (something I have trouble doing).

When you first start the app, you input your weight, activity level, and preferred volume measurement. From there, the app will tell you how much water you need per day. I was surprised at how much water I needed, more than the 64 oz. that seems standard.

After you choose your plant, you give it some water every time you drink water in the real world. If you are drinking enough, your plant will look happy and sing. If not, it will be sad and thirsty. If you forget to water your plant for an extended period, it will die. For the forgetful, you can also set up the app so it sends reminder notifications after certain time intervals (I set mine to two hours).

For me, this app worked wonderfully. Before the app, I would drink maybe around 5-7 cups of water. Now, I drink around 10 cups and feel a lot healthier and more hydrated.

I highly recommend this app. Feel free to tell me how it goes in the comments!

Written by Jenna M., Homework Assistant                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment