Teen Summer 2017

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

YA Authors are Amazing!!!!!

I'm a huge fan of YA authors - after all, they write some amazing books!

Now I'm even more impressed with how wonderful they are as people.

Patrick Ness, author of The Knife of Never Letting Go, A Monster Calls (which I'm currently reading) and More Than This, which I've heard is fantastic, wanted to do something to help with the refugee crisis in Europe.

So he tweeted that he would donate £10,000 to the Save the Children fund if the public did the same.

That first goal was met within two hours.

Then John Green pledged to match funds, followed by JoJo Moyce, Rainbow Rowell, Derek Landy, Philip Pullman, and the list goes on.

The current total for this fundraising effort stands at £520,000.

I am so impressed by the efforts of this community, and proud to be a YA librarian.

For more info, click here to read the article from The Telegraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment