Search This Blog

Monday, May 25, 2015

Keep Calm and Carry On: Prom Edition

Every girl imagines their Prom to fit the perfect High School Musical mold. Perfect dance. Perfect dress. Perfect dinner. Perfect evening. However, in my small town the Mountain View a series of unfortunate events took place. 

Tragically, my choir concert was scheduled the same day. I persuaded my choir teacher to let me go to Prom because my date was a senior and it was his last Prom. Ever. My choir teacher said the concert would end at 8:30 which meant I could go to the last two hours of dance. Perfect! The concert started at 7 so I figured I could still take pictures at 5 and go to the early pre-dance dinner at 5:30 with my friends all before the concert. However, pictures did not get started until 5:30 and the traffic was congested so there was no way we could make it to the dinner.

The concert was in a chapel in downtown Palo Alto. The downtown is packed with restaurants. YES! By the time we got there, we only had 20 minutes to eat. NO! I knew this really fast Indian restaurant. We ordered our food at the counter and then realized we both left our wallets in his car (which was parked on the other side of the block because of traffic). Great. They gave us our food free luckily and we hurried off to my concert.

My concert should have lasted an hour and a half. Nope. After one Beethoven piece, a 55-minute mass promoting world peace, and three kids passing out, the concert ended at 9:45. Prom ended at 10:30 so we realized that we could not make it as it was 30 minutes away. So my date and I went straight to the after party. Since everyone was still at the dance, we just jumped on a trampoline for 20 minutes and headed straight to Laser Quest.

Although a part of me was disappointed that we did not go to the actual Prom, I was honestly thrilled that I got a night so memorable. It certainly did not fit the traditional High School Musical mold, but I had way more fun than I ever would have otherwise.

by Rebecca B., Homework Assistant

Comment below on any Prom mishaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment