Teen Summer 2017

Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Young Adult Author web sites

If I had all the time in the world I would spend way too much time reading author blogs, especially YA authors! I love finding out more about the people who have written some of my favorite books, so I'm going to start sporadically posting links to favorite author blogs.

Today's is for Laurie Halse Anderson, the author of "Wintergirls" and "Speak", two of the most powerful, most devastating novels I have read in the past ten years. Anderson also writes amazing historical fiction for teens and children, such as "Fever 1793" and "Chains".

Anderson's work is frequently challenged and/or banned in the more conservative parts of the country, and she frequently writes about these situations. Sometimes her blog posts are about her books, sometimes they are about her life, sometimes they are about other people's connections to her books.

What author's blogs do you read?

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment