Teen Summer 2017

Search This Blog

Friday, August 6, 2010

The Mountain View Library needs YOU!

The Teen Zone at the Mountain View Library needs your help!

For us to make sure the Library is doing the best job it can for teens I need to hear from teens and have your input on what we do. To do this I am starting up a new Library Teen Advisory Group (TAG), and I invite you to be part of the team (if you are a kid in grade 6 through 12 in the Mountain View/Los Altos school district area!).

The TAG will meet once a month to talk about what the Library does for teens and what we’re planning to do in the future. Some of the topics that I’m planning to work on in the next year include:

*Social networking. The Teen Zone finally has a blog and a Facebook page, but there’s so much more we could do with this as a way to reach teens in the community. I need teens to help me make our social networking much more fun and interesting to teens.
*Special programs – we’re planning to have a special game party with Wii and Xbox games in September, we need help planning the party and helping during the party.
*Vacation workshops – should we offer any special programs during the winter break? Maybe a jewelry class so teens can make presents for friends?
*Magazines – so many magazines have shut down, I need help finding more magazine to have in the Teen Zone.

So what’s in it for you?

*Have fun with your friends (or make some new friends!)
*Have a voice in your community.
*Earn community services hours.
*Looks good on college applications!

The first meeting of the Teen Advisory Group is next Monday, August 9th at 6:30 in the Teen Zone. This first meeting will be a casual chance to get to know each other and for you to learn more about what the TAG will be all about. I’ll have drinks and snacks the meeting will last for about an hour.

I hope to see you next week!

2 comments:

  1. I am so very excited for this program!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was a young adult one too :( for us 18 and up.

    ReplyDelete